- Climate is patterns of weather conditions in a large area over a long period time.
- The sun sends out heat and light energy.
- Some travels through the atmosphere where it is absorbed by the lands and the oceans.
- The atmosphere is a layer of gases that surrounds the Earth. It protects Earth from the sun's harmful radiation and keeps the planet warm enough for life to exist.
- Gases in the atmosphere known as greenhouse gases trap some of the heat energy so that it is not too hot during the day and not too cold during the night.
- Greenhouse gases include carbon dioxide, methane, water vapour and nitrous oxide.
- The natural greenhouse effect maintains temperatures in a range that supports life on Earth.
Where am I?
In StudyNotes.ie you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!
No replies yet.