- Budget – A plan for spending money.
- Income – Money received.
- Expenditure – Money paid out.
- Gross Income – Total amount earned before deductions.
- PAYE – Pay As You Earn. Income Tax. Paid to State.
- PRSI – Pay Related Social Insurance. Pays for benefits if and when needed.
- Net Income – Total amount earned after deductions. Take home pay.
- Statutory Deductions – PAYE and PRSI
- Voluntary Deductions – Optional, e.g. health insurance.
- Household Expenses – Accommodation (rent/mortgage). Food. Clothing. Medical expenses. Travel. Electricity. Heating (gas/oil/etc.). Entertainment. Savings.
- Tax Credit – System used to calculate the amount of tax a... (More)
LC Home Economics304 followers1 question3 posts
Do you have questions about LC Home Economics?
Log in to ask questions about LC Home Economics publicly or anonymously.
Accelerated Freeze Drying (AFD) – A process whereby food is frozen quickly creating tiny ice crystals. The food is then dried in a chamber (sublimation) so the tiny ice crystals evaporate without turning to a liquid.
Air Blast Freezing – Food passes through a chamber on a conveyor belt and is blasted with cold air producing frozen food which is then packaged
Aseptic Canning – Food is sterilised and then placed into a sterilised can which is hermetically sealed, cooled and labelled.
Cold Smoking – Fish is salted and then heated to 30°C in the presence of creosote and formaldehyde... (More)
Ultra Heat Treated (UHT) – Milk is homogenised and then heated to 132°C for one second. It is then cooled and packaged into sterile containers.
Sterilisation – Milk is homogenised, sealed into bottles/cartons and then heated to 110° C for approximately 30 minutes. It is then cooled.
Spray Drying – Where milk is sprayed into containers of hot air. As the milk droplets fall, the water is evaporated producing a powder which is cooled, packaged and sealed into airtight containers. It is expensive and reconstitutes easily.
Roller Drying – Milk is poured onto heated revolving metal rollers. It is then... (More)