- Budget – A plan for spending money.
- Income – Money received.
- Expenditure – Money paid out.
- Gross Income – Total amount earned before deductions.
- PAYE – Pay As You Earn. Income Tax. Paid to State.
- PRSI – Pay Related Social Insurance. Pays for benefits if and when needed.
- Net Income – Total amount earned after deductions. Take home pay.
- Statutory Deductions – PAYE and PRSI
- Voluntary Deductions – Optional, e.g. health insurance.
- Household Expenses – Accommodation (rent/mortgage). Food. Clothing. Medical expenses. Travel. Electricity. Heating (gas/oil/etc.). Entertainment. Savings.
- Tax Credit – System used to calculate the amount of tax a... (More)
LC Business5,109 followers4 questions12 posts
Do you have questions about LC Business?
Log in to ask questions about LC Business publicly or anonymously.
Motivation: is about what makes people do things. (What makes people work)
Maslow’s Need Hierarchy Theory of Motivation!
1. Physiological Needs:
These needs are of the lowest-order and most basic needs of human beings. These involve satisfying fundamental biological drives, such as the need for food, air, water, cloth, and shelter.
2. Safety and Security Needs:
The second level of need in Maslow’s hierarchy is emerged once physiological needs are met. Safety needs involve the need for a secure environment, free from threats of physical and psychological harm. These needs find expression in such desires as economic security and protection... (More)
Leadership: Reflects a person’s ability to influence the actions and behaviours of others. “Lead by Example”
Delegation: Passing on responsibility for certain decisions or outcomes to others.
3 Types of Leader
Autocratic: Very Controlling, Motivates through fear and intimidation. “My way or the highway” E.g Steve Jobs at Apple
- Benefits: (1) Quick Decision Making (2) Effective in certain situations e.g Low Skilled Factories/ Manufacturing
- Drawbacks: (1) Demotivates Staff (2) Over Reliance on Managers - Managers are overloaded with decisions and may struggle to cope.
Democratic: are more likely to seek the opinion of others when making a decisions. E.g... (More)