- The heart is the pump of the circulatory system.
- It is made of cardiac muscle which does not tire.
- Cardiac muscle receives its own blood supply through the coronary arteries and veins.
- The septum divides the heart into right and left sides.
- The heart has four chambers; right atrium, right ventricle, left atrium, left ventricle.
Blood Flow Through the Heart
- The blood flows into the vena cava into the right atrium. It is deoxygenated blood.
- The valves open and allow the blood flow into the right ventricle. The valves close.
- The right ventricle contracts, valves open and blood is pushed... (More)