- Romeo had a dream that he was dead and Juliet came and revived him with kisses.
- Balthasar arrives and tells Romeo that Juliet is dead and buried in the Capulet vault.
- Romeo is determined to go to the vault and take his own life.
- He goes to an apothecary and buys poison.
- Friar John tells Friar Lawrence that he was unable to deliver his letter to Romeo because he was put in quarantine due to an outbreak of plague.
- Friar Lawrence realises that Juliet might awaken in the tomb with nobody to release her. He goes to release her.
- Paris has come to the vault to lay flowers on Juliet's tomb. He tells his watch to keep an eye out.
- Romeo and Balthasar arrive. Romeo instructs Balthasar to leave and not come back.
- Romeo enters the tomb and is recognised by Paris. They fight and he kills Paris.
- Romeo embraces Juliet, takes the potion and dies.
- Friar Lawrence arrives. He find Romeo dead. Juliet awakens and he tries to persuade her to go with him.
- Juliet kisses Romeo hoping for some poison. When that doesn't work, she takes his dagger and kills herself.
- The Watchman sends for the Prince, Capulets and Montagues.
- The Friar explains all to the Prince and it is backed up by Romeo's letter to Montage.
- The Prince lays blame on the Capulet and Montague feud.
- The families are reconciled and the fathers promise to erect gold statues in memory of their children.