The Scientific Method
- Scientific Method is a process of investigation where problems are identified and their explanations are tested by carrying out experiments.
- Observation : An unbiased, accurate report of an event.
- Hypothesis : An educated guess based on observations.
- Experiment : An experiment is designed to test a hypothesis.
- Data : Consists of measurements, observations/information gathered during an experiment.
- Replicate : A repeat of an experiment.
- Control : A comparison used to provide a standard against which the actual experiment can be judged.
- Theory : A hypothesis that has been supported by different experiments.
- Principle/Law : A theory that... (More)