Insurance is a protection against risk. Insurance provides backup or security to anything you want to get. There are many companies that provide insurance on almost everything. Companies charge some amount in order to provide insurances and customers pay... (More)
Shivon sabu 756 Student
Do you have questions for Shivon sabu?
Log in to ask Shivon sabu questions publicly or anonymously.
- Anchoring the plant Roots help to anchor the plant firmly into the ground.
- Absorption of water and nutrients from the soil They help plants to absorb water and nutrients from the soil, which are essential for their survival.
- Preventing soil... (More)
- Carbon enters the atmosphere as CO2
- CO2 is absorbed by autotrophs such as green plants
- Animals consume plants, thereby they get carbon into their system
- Animals and plants die, their bodies decompose and carbon is reabsorbed back into the atmosphere.
Stomata are the structures through which gas exchange occurs in leaves. Each stoma is surrounded by two guard cells, which can open and close depending on environmental conditions. When moisture is plentiful, the guard cells swell with water, forcing the... (More)
- Photosynthesis: This is the most important function of a leaf. They contain chloroplasts which have the pigment chlorophyll that is responsible for helping in photosynthesis.
- Helps the plant breathe: The epidermis of the leaf contains guard cells that control and... (More)
- Stems supports leaves and branches.
- Stems transport water and solutes between roots and leaves.
- Stems in some plants are photosynthetic.
- Stems may store materials necessary for life.(eg.water, starch sugar).
- In some plants, stems have become adapted for specialised functions.
Non-renewable energy resources, like coal, nuclear, oil, and natural gas, are available in limited supplies. This is usually due to the long time it takes for them to be replenished. Renewable resources are replenished naturally and over relatively short periods... (More)
Three major types of plant tissues are dermal, ground, and vascular tissues.
Dermal tissue covers the outside of a plant in a single layer of cells called the epidermis. Epidermal cells secrete a waxy substance called cuticle , which coats,... (More)
An igneous rock is a rock that is formed from the magma found in the mantle just below the crust. When magma is forced up into the crust and becomes trapped, it begins to cool very slowly. Rocks formed... (More)