- Budget – A plan for spending money.
- Income – Money received.
- Expenditure – Money paid out.
- Gross Income – Total amount earned before deductions.
- PAYE – Pay As You Earn. Income Tax. Paid to State.
- PRSI – Pay Related Social Insurance. Pays for benefits if and when needed.
- Net Income – Total amount earned after deductions. Take home pay.
- Statutory Deductions – PAYE and PRSI
- Voluntary Deductions – Optional, e.g. health insurance.
- Household Expenses – Accommodation (rent/mortgage). Food. Clothing. Medical expenses. Travel. Electricity. Heating (gas/oil/etc.). Entertainment. Savings.
- Tax Credit – System used to calculate the amount of tax a... (More)
Join your FREE online community of students & teachers
Motivation: is about what makes people do things. (What makes people work)
Maslow’s Need Hierarchy Theory of Motivation!
1. Physiological Needs:
These needs are of the lowest-order and most basic needs of human beings. These involve satisfying fundamental biological drives, such as the need for food, air, water, cloth, and shelter.
2. Safety and Security Needs:
The second level of need in Maslow’s hierarchy is emerged once physiological needs are met. Safety needs involve the need for a secure environment, free from threats of physical and psychological harm. These needs find expression in such desires as economic security and protection... (More)
Leadership: Reflects a person’s ability to influence the actions and behaviours of others. “Lead by Example”
Delegation: Passing on responsibility for certain decisions or outcomes to others.
3 Types of Leader
Autocratic: Very Controlling, Motivates through fear and intimidation. “My way or the highway” E.g Steve Jobs at Apple
- Benefits: (1) Quick Decision Making (2) Effective in certain situations e.g Low Skilled Factories/ Manufacturing
- Drawbacks: (1) Demotivates Staff (2) Over Reliance on Managers - Managers are overloaded with decisions and may struggle to cope.
Democratic: are more likely to seek the opinion of others when making a decisions. E.g... (More)