- Walk or cycle to school instead of driving this is because cars contribute 22% of CO2 emissions in Ireland
- Use public transport instead of cars
- Turn your heating down. Reducing your thermostat by 1C can cut your energy use and your home heating bill by 10%
- Insulate your hot water tank, attic and walls to reduce heat loss
- Choose energy-efficient appliances
Join your FREE online community of students & teachers
Gases are identified as materials that
- have no definite shape
- have no definite volume
- can be easily compressed
- can flow
In a gas the particles move in all directions and the bounce off one another, causing the particles to spread out further and further.
If the gas is held in a container the particles will bounce off the walls of the container as well as each other.
Water vapour is an example of a gas. Water vapour usually is invisible.