Join your FREE online community of students & teachers
- Climate is patterns of weather conditions in a large area over a long period time.
- The sun sends out heat and light energy.
- Some travels through the atmosphere where it is absorbed by the lands and the oceans.
- The atmosphere is a layer of gases that surrounds the Earth. It protects Earth from the sun's harmful radiation and keeps the planet warm enough for life to exist.
- Gases in the atmosphere known as greenhouse gases trap some of the heat energy so that it is not too hot during the day and not too cold during the night.
- Greenhouse gases... (More)
- Ecology is the study of the relationships of living things with one another and their environment.
- A habitat is a place where a plant or animal lives, e.g. woodland or rocky seashore.
- The environment is everything surrounding an organism.
- A food chain is a chain showing how organisms are linked by what they eat. Solar energy is transferred through a food chain.
- Producers are organisms that make their own food, e.g. green plants.
- Consumers are all organisms other than producers.
- Decomposers are organisms that feed on dead animals or plants.
- The feeding level is the position of a particular organism... (More)