- "I am the lord your God , you shall not have any other gods before me".
- "You shall not take the name of the lord your God in vain."
- "Remember to keep holy the sabbath day"
- "Honour your father and mother".
- "You shall not kill".
- "You shall not commit adultery".
- "You shall not steal".
- "You shall not bate false witness against your neighbour ".
- "You shall not covet your neighbour's wife".
- "You shall not covet your neighbour's goods".
Join your FREE online community of students & teachers
JC Religious Education
A follower is called: Jew
Founded by: Abraham and Moses
When was it founded: 1,800(Abraham) 1,200(Moses)
Holy day: Sabbath (Saturday)
Holy books/writings: Torah and the Tenakh
Local leader: Rabbi
Place of worship: Synagogue
Some sacreds: Western wall
A follower is called: Christian
Founded by: Jesus
When was it founded: 2,000 years ago
Holy day: Sunday
Holy books/writings: Bible
Local leader: priests
Place of worship: church
Some sacreds: Jerusalem, Rome, Bethlehem
A follower is called: Muslim
Founded by: Mohammed
When was it founded: 1,500 years ago
Holy day: Friday
Holy books/writings: Qur'an
Local leader: Imam
Place of worship:... (More)
A monotheistic religion is a religion that believes in one God only E.g. Judaism, Islam, Christianity. A polytheistic religion is a religion that believes in more than one good e.g. Hinduism
The Dharma Wheel
The Dharma wheel ( known as the Dharma chakra ) is the holy symbol of Buddhism. Buddhists believe Buddha gave his first teachings on the Wheel of Dharma. The word Dharma came from the Sanskrit noun "to hold, maintain, keep".
The Eightfold Path
- Right view - all actions have consequences after death, as death is not the end.
- Right thought- do not think badly be loving, caring and calm, adopt a life of a religious mendicant.
- Right speech- no lying no rude speech no telling someone what another says about them.
- Right behaviour- no killing or... (More)