carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen
- These elements make up units called amino acids and is joint together by peptide links.
- Protein helps in the growth and repair of body cells.
- It produces antibodies and hormones and enzymes.
- Nitrogen is the main element that is responsible for growth.
Protein can be found in Animal protein (HBV) and Plant protein (LBV).
- meat. beans
- Eggs. nuts
- Milk. peas
- Fish. Seeds
- Advantages of plant protein is that there is less fat in them.
- It contains more cellulose
- It is cheaper to buy
- It is more ethical.